Messy Church had a busy Summer!
We have been busy over the summer. In July we explored ‘sharing’ in the world and how there is an unfair distribution of resources and opportunities in world communities – a very real problem. Not that we were trying to solve it; but we aimed to raise children’s awareness through a number of activities to encourage sharing, including 3 legged races; making a basic meal (as experienced by children in developing countries); playing board games; roleplay shopping; and building houses with Duplo. Creative activities included making a tree of hearts and continuing a giant body outline with collage and sharing messages. It was definitely fun for all ages as you can see.
In August we looked at the miracle Jesus performed curing a lame man. We talked about how Jesus cured people who were sick and how he can still do that today. Through our creative opportunities, children made Get Well cards for people they know who were sick. wove colourful woven mats and printed wall hangings with special messages for people they cared about. Children also had the chance to build first century houses and role play looking after sick dolls. The Celebration section was led by Valerie, with the aid of the Duplo First century home built by the children to help in the retelling of the story.
In September our theme will be ‘I don’t want to.’ We will think about things we don’t like to do and remember the story of Jesus washing the feet of his disciples at the last supper as a demonstration of his love for us. We would love to see you there. Messy Church is for all ages, so come along and join us 3 till 5 pm on Saturday 7th September. This will be followed by our annual BBQ. It’s definitely a date for the diary.
By Helen Priestman
- 1st Sep – Rev. Valerie Davies – Communion
- 8th Sep – Worship Group taking service
- 15th Sep – Rev. Valerie Davies
- 22nd Sep – Mr Jim Hough
- 29th Sep – Rev. Valerie Davies
- 6th Oct – Mr Barry Maltey – Harvest
- 13th Oct – Rev. Paul Brewerton
- 20th Oct – Rev. Valerie Davies – Communion
- 27th Oct – Worship Group
- 1st Sep – Blank
- 8th Sep – Heather Morris MBE
- 15th Sep – Doreen Dale
- 22nd Sep – Andrew & Carla Dale
- 29th Sep – Katherine Paxton
PTA (Pleasant Tuesday Afternoon) Club
Please join us from 2pm, you will be made very welcome.
- 3rd Sep – Flower arranging by Joyce Doggart
- 10th Sep – Rev. Valerie Davies
- 17th Sep – Half-yearly meeting & quiz
- 24th Sep – Altrincham Video Society
Edited by Becky Garrattley